How to Send Mail to an Inmate
1. Items that are illegal or violate U.S. Postal Service Regulations.
All mail must be sent to the facility and cannot be dropped off for inmates. Incoming mail will be delivered to inmates no later than twenty-four (24) hours after it is received from the Post Office. Outgoing mail will be forwarded to the Post Office no later than twenty-four (24) hours after it is received from the inmate. All incoming mail will be opened in the inmate's presence and searched for contraband.
The mailing address for inmates is:
C/O Eureka County Detention Facility
P.O. Box 673
Eureka, NV 89316
The following types of mail will not be accepted.
2. Items that advocate or describe the killing of law enforcement personnel, facility disorder or escape and any materials that in the opinion of the Detention Staff that violates the safety and security of the facility.
3. Letter and cards with ornamentation, adhesives, paints, perfumes, any foreign substances, photographs larger than 4"x6", more than ten photographs, Polaroid photos, photographs depicting alcohol, drugs, gang affiliation, or sexual content will not be allowed.
4. Subscriptions from any source.
5. Correspondence from other inmates.If any of these items are received in the mail, the entire letter will be returned to the sender.All incoming mail must have a return address or it will be destroyed.There will be no incoming or outgoing mail on weekends and holidays.Packages will only be accepted after a request form is completed and authorized by the Detentions Supervisor.Unauthorized packages will be returned to sender.
How to send money to an inmate
Inmates may be sent funds to be placed on their commissary account. The following funds are accepted, and may be either delivered to the Sheriff's Office directly or mailed through the United States Postal Service. Please include the inmate's name with the funds.
1. U.S. Currency
2. Certified and Cashier's checks drawn on nationally recognized United States banks.
3. Money Orders displaying typed or stamped dollar amounts.